I’ll never understand fireworks and Halloween. This just doesn’t make sense to me and here are my reasons why.
- It’s fall, which means dead leaves which can easily go up in flames
- Why can’t you buy fireworks during Canada Day in this province?
- You need a license to buy them
- People set them off downtown on streets and near high rises
- Only drunk people seem to enjoy them and most kids are indoors by night fall and going through their candy hall of the evening.
This year I have to say that there were less incidence of them being used than all previous 10 years I’ve lived in Vancouver. Hopefully this is a sign that next year will result in fewer fireworks throughout the city. I’m sure the fire departments would love to have them removed completely during this time of year and hopefully they weren’t too busy as a result of the craziness.